Pocket Rough Guide Tokyo
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Entertaining, informative and stylish pocket guide.
Get Olympic ready with this pocket guidebook to Tokyo. It's a treasure trove of practical information, expert-curated listings and maps that will help travellers make the most of their 2020 Olympic adventure.
Discover the best of Tokyo with this compact and entertaining pocket travel guide. This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights (Senso-Ji temple, Golden Gai, Shibuya crossing), restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from our experts.
Features of this travel guide to Tokyo
- Compact format: packed with practical information, this is the perfect travel companion when you're out and about exploring Tokyo
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most of your trip
- Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering Ginza, Harajuku, Shinjuku and more, the practical 'Places' section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink and shop
- Handy pull-out map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary
- Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout
- Covers: Imperial Palace and around; Ginza and around; Akihabara and around; Ueno and around; Asakusa and around; Bayside Tokyo; Akasaka and Roppongi; Ebisu and the south; Harajuku and Shibuya; Shinjuku and the west; Ikebukuro and the north
Looking for a comprehensive travel guide to Japan? Try The Rough Guide to Japan for an informative and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.